AN INTRODUCTION TO NARRATIVE FILMMAKING – DRAMA
3 WEEK COURSE
Work alongside industry pro’s to create a dramatic film from start to finish. Immerse yourself in all aspects of the filmmaking process and build a portfolio of skills during this highly creative course.
Career focused and practical. This course has been designed for people aged 18 and above who want a realistic experience of making a drama as part of a dynamic, production team.
By the end of the course you will have developed your skills and experienced working in collaboration with like-minded filmmakers to produce and distribute a broadcast quality short drama.
3 Week Full Time Course
Monday to Thursday 9.30am-4.30pm Friday 9.30am-3.00pm
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Write, produce and edit a drama film
You’ll be working in a small group with a high ratio of mentor to student (max. 14 students to 2 mentors)
For students with a range of filmmaking experience including beginners
Work with professional actors
Recommended for writers and actors who want to develop their portfolio of skills or those who have attended our course in documentary filmmaking and want to take their skills to the next level
Cost £1,695.00 to include all materials, equipment, handouts and lunch.
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to find out more about this course please fill in the form and we will be in touch.
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first come, first served basis.
For more information contact our Admissions team on :
tel // +44 (0) 1604 407771 or
email // firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 1 - Pre-production
- Introduction to the filmmaking equipment
- Health & Safety Briefing
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of the crew
- Practice filming techniques and composing shots
- Understanding the genre and process of making a drama, the importance of good storytelling
- Assign heads of departments
- Brainstorm and develop ideas
- Start the scriptwriting process. The crew will be encouraged to work independently to develop and write the script.
- Casting and working with professional actors – How to run an effective casting and work with actors. Understanding the director-actor relationship
- Legal considerations including contracts of engagement between artist and production company
- Ethical considerations in drama filmmaking
- Contractual and commercial considerations – actors and freelance crew
- Schedule shooting days as per the script, taking into consideration availability of actors and locations
- Compiling and distributing call sheets, risk assessments and other production documents.
Week 2 - Filming
- Filming principal photography as scheduled by the crew to include filming establishing shots, pick up shots, etc.
- Working to the production budget and time restraints
- Viewing rushes at the end of each days filming
- Re-scheduling shoot due to lost shots etc.
- On going production meetings and updates during the filming process
- Logging & Transcribing the film footage
- Start the publicity by process by writing and distributing Press Releases including contacting Radio and TV
- Invite press, VIP’s etc. to film screening
- Digital marketing of the film on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
Week 3 - Post-production
- Edit the footage into a high quality, film
- Understanding & recording sound
- Schedule and undertake ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording)
- Foley and it’s importance in enhancing the finished film
- Continue with publicity for the film and screening
- Plan distribution of the film so that it has a life after the film screening
- Screen Film at Cineworld Northampton
- Presentation of Certificates
Kings Park Rd
- A minibus will be available during the course to transport the production team to locations etc.
- Tea, coffee and a light lunch is provided every day.
- A residential option is available at an additional cost of £65.00 per night.
- Contact us for more information or to book your residentail stay.
“Thank you for providing such a fantastic learning experience.”