AN INTRODUCTION TO CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL FILMMAKING
3 WEEK COURSE
Customers and audiences are interacting with video today more than ever before. Video has a compelling way of engaging your target audience in turn making it vital for businesses to boost and expand their video marketing skills to connect with their audience.
The demand for commercial video is dramatically, increasing every year with more opportunities for filmmakers to get into this growing industry.
Want to build your future and increase your skills in creating corporate film or TV commercials ? This course will show you how.
Working closely with industry professionals you will form part of a production team to produce an engaging, broadcast quality, corporate film and a commercial for a business or brand.
This course is career focused, creative and practical. It has been designed for people aged 18 and above who want a realistic and immersive experience of making corporate films and commercials.
By the end of the course you will have developed your corporate filmmaking skills and experienced working in collaboration with like-minded filmmakers as part of a production company to produce and distribute a broadcast, quality corporate film and commercial.
3 Week Full Time Course
Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm Friday 9.30am - 3.00pm
September 2020 (Dates TBC)
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Write, produce and edit a corporate film and a commercial
You’ll be working in a small group with a high ratio of mentor to student (max. 14 students to 2 mentors)
For students with a range of filmmaking experience including beginners
Recommended to filmmakers, photographers and those who want to develop their skills as a corporate and commercial filmmaker
Cost £1,695.00 to include all materials, equipment, handouts and lunch.
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to find out more about this course please fill in the form and we will be in touch.
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first come, first served basis.
For more information contact our Admissions team on :
tel // +44 (0) 1604 407771 or
email // firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 1 - Pre-production
- Introduction to the filmmaking equipment
- Health & Safety Briefing
- How to market effectively, marketing trends
- Identifying a brand’s needs and philosophy
- Understanding the genre and process of corporate and commercial filmmaking. The difference between the content of a corporate film and a commercial.
- Seminar from a marketing expert with experience of building a successful corporate film business
- Brainstorm and developing ideas
- Start research process. The group will be encouraged to independently research potential clients and products taking into consideration their place in the market and brand identity
- How to pitch ideas to potential clients
- Legal and ethical considerations of corporate/commercial filmmaking
- Contractual and commercial considerations – client, actors, crew
- Assign heads of depts.
- Schedule shooting days
- Casting actors
- Location scouting
Week 2 - Filming
- Start filming the corporate film as scheduled by the crew to include filming establishing shots, pick up shots, interviews etc
- Start filming TV Commercial
- Start the publicity process by contacting press including radio and T.V.
- Writing and distributing Press Releases
- Invite the clients, Press, VIP’s etc. to film screening
- Plan the digital marketing campaign for social media including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Logging & Transcribing the film footage ready for the edit
Week 3 - Post-production
- Edit the footage into a high quality, corporate film and a commercial
- Start the digital marketing campaign
- Screen finished film and commercial at Cineworld Northampton
- Presentation of Certificates
Kings Park Rd
- A minibus will be available during the course to transport the production team to locations etc.
- Tea, coffee and a light lunch is provided every day.
- A residential option is available at an additional cost of £65.00 per night.
- Contact us for more information or to book your stay
“Thank you for providing such a fantastic learning experience.”